Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Your health and well-being are everything. Without it, you can’t live a full and productive life. This is what makes medical malpractice and medical negligence especially devastating. You put your health and well-being in the hands of medical professionals, trusting and expecting that they will care for you and your family. When the results are not what you expected or result in death, the aftermath can be not only costly but overwhelming.
While we can agree that medical professionals will do the best and most professional job they can based on their knowledge and training, sometimes they fail. That is why you need to hire Chisholm & Beach, PLLC to defend you and your family due to neglect by a doctor or medical professional. At Chisholm & Beach, PLLC Law we understand time is of the essence when it comes to filing medical malpractice suits.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice can represent itself in different ways. Medical malpractice occurs when a doctor or medical provider provides a treatment that puts the patient at risk of injury or worse, death. If they fail to do so, the medical professional could be liable for those injuries or losses, which may mean, you have a case.
Below are some examples with brief explanations of what may be considered medical malpractice:
- Anesthesia errors– Choosing a drug incorrectly, administering a drug incorrectly, giving a drug that the patient is allergic to, failing to monitor vital signs or act upon vital signs, not using machines correctly, and the list goes on.
- Emergency room errors -Including misreading x-rays, charts or test results, not diagnosing cardiac problems resulting in a heart attack, delaying diagnosis, medication errors, not treating infections properly and more.
- Hospital Malpractice -Including failure to send a patient to a specialist, not doing the obligated diagnostic tests to determine treatment options, using anesthesia incorrectly, performing unnecessary surgeries and not following hospital protocol.
Chisholm & Beach, PLLC is committed to recovering what is often referred to as “actual damages” in medical malpractice and wrongful death cases. These “actual damages” are considered economic losses and may include any and all of the following:
- Pain and suffering: Damages for pain and suffering will typically compensate victims for physical pain caused by their injuries due to the medical malpractice case. This may also include compensation for emotional distress, including anxiety, depression, fear, frustration, and other mental suffering that can develop as a result of a medical malpractice injury.
- Loss of consortium: This is awarded to the surviving spouse. He or she may be awarded compensation for loss of assistance, aid, and companionship of his or her loved one. As well, surviving parents may be awarded compensation for the loss of love, affection, and companionship of their minor children. Even minor children may be entitled to compensation for the loss of things like assistance, aid, and companionship of their parents as a result of their wrongful death.
- Loss of earning capacity: If a patient is unable to earn the same amount of money as they did prior to their accident, they may be awarded compensation for the loss.
- Other damages: In certain instances, other damages may be awarded, including loss of life’s enjoyment, compensation for disability or disfigurement, loss of parental support, and loss of companionship. In addition, if the doctor, nurse or other medical professional uses gross negligence (willful or malicious conduct), an injured patient may also be entitled to punitive damages. This type of compensation for the victim is sometimes the best deterrent, preventing others in this same field to act in a negligent manner.
Should you or someone you love suffers from an injury or endures harm or even death from medical malpractice or medical negligence, you need skilled legal representation. Chisholm & Beach, PLLC has a wealth of experience in fighting medical malpractice cases.